Vintage DeLizza & Elster Jewelry

In 1947, William DeLizza and Harold Elster founded DeLizza & Elster, also known as D&E, in New York City. Their idea was to design and manufacture costume jewelry and accessories such as buttons and belt buckles for customers looking for a bit of sparkle after the austerity of World War II. Over the next several decades, until the firm closed in 1990, the company's client list would read like a who's who of costume jewelry, encompassing more...Continue Reading