I am looking for the top half of the vintage Shell sign.

In Signs > Gas, Oil, and Service Signs > Show & Tell.
Gas, Oil, and Service Signs984 of 1494Fram Oil Filter Metal 2 sided signAAA 2 sided Neon Porcelain with ORANGE outline

RattletrapRattletrap loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
oldstubluoldstublu likes this.

Malvin
    (1 item)

I am looking for the top half of this sign. I would like to see what it looks like if anyone has a picture. Thanks Malvin

logo
    Gas, Oil, and Service Signs
    Antique Vintage Old Style Mobil Tires Sign! Mobil Oil & Gas
    Antique Vintage Old Style Mobil Tir...
    $85
    Mobil Pegasus Gasoline Metal Sign Garage Vintage Style Wall Decor Oil Horse Pub
    Mobil Pegasus Gasoline Metal Sign G...
    $52
    Gulf Gasoline Metal Sign Garage Vintage Style Wall Decor Tools Oil Bar Pub
    Gulf Gasoline Metal Sign Garage Vin...
    $52
    Mobil Gas Flying Red Horse Pegasus Metal Heavy Steel Sign Extra Large 35" Oil
    Mobil Gas Flying Red Horse Pegasus ...
    $230
    logo
    Antique Vintage Old Style Mobil Tires Sign! Mobil Oil & Gas
    Antique Vintage Old Style Mobil Tir...
    $85

Comments

1. oldstublu, 8 years ago
      I have seen a sign that has the same colors, and about the same size, i think. How wide is it across the top ? is it double sided or single ? Does it look like it was hand painted ?
    2. Dalke7 Dalke7, 7 years ago
      I have the top half of a shell sign. It is one sided measuring 70 3/4 wide, 36 3/8 tall with 9 holes across the bottom. It says SHELL and is the same color as yours. I can send you a picture if I get your email.
    3. lbaumgardner, 7 years ago
      I have a sign that looks like it would be the top half. I'm not a collector or an expert—just trying to do some research to find out what it is that I have. I've been told it's the top half of a larger sign. Mine is about 72" across and has the "Shell" name with the top half of the clamshell.
    4. Malvin Malvin, 7 years ago
      Thanks to anyone who commented about my sign. I would love to see pictures of signs which may be the top for my sign. Thanks
    5. Malvin Malvin, 7 years ago
      The sign is single sided. It is about 5 feet wide at the top.
    6. Malvin Malvin, 7 years ago
      I am located in Potts Camp Mississippi. 50 miles southeast of Memphis TN
    7. lbaumgardner, 7 years ago
      I added a photo of my top half here:

Since mine is about 6' wide and yours is 5', they probably aren't a match. But the top of yours is likely similar.
    8. hawkike hawkike, 7 years ago
      I think there is a top on ebay now-go to their search on Shell.
    9. hawkike hawkike, 7 years ago
      A top half on ebay now--item no.--121371271376-he describes it as 71" across and 37" tall.
    10. jon910, 7 years ago
      hello Melvin I am also from north ms and noticed your sign bottom you have. I have the top part to that sign and have been trying find a bottom for it. Would you sale this ?
    11. Malvin Malvin, 7 years ago
      To Jon910 Where do you live in North Mississippi? Malvin
    12. jon910, 7 years ago
      I live in Amory.
    13. jon910, 7 years ago
      Call me if you are interested in selling. 662-315-0141
    14. Trey Trey, 6 years ago
      I just found the top half of this sign:)
    15. Trey Trey, 6 years ago
      I am looking for this piece:) Where did you find it?