Posted 2 years ago
This is a used postal card with an Austrian commemorative stamp sent from a stamp dealer to my grandfather in Mannheim, Germany.
- Austria was annexed into the German Third Reich on March 12, 1938 and this card is postmarked March 17, 1938, merely 5 days later.
- AUSTRIAN STAMP - Scott# 385 / 12 Groschen - Commemorative
- Centennary of Austrian Railways - First Locomotive "Austria"
- Issued on November 22, 1937 / Black & Brown
POSTMARK - Der Fuhrer in Wien (swastika print is on locomotive)
- DATED - 17.III.38 (looks like '33) / WIEN (Vienna, Austria)
REVERSE MESSAGE - The message was type-written and is translated below;
Your patience has been made a long time and we need to sample because of the delayed - send very much apologize.
The post brought us this time - literally - mountains of orders by us - can work through slowly - in all efforts.
Please do not be angry to us, if not all of your wishes have been fulfilled. We put in another list, for which we wish you to supply promptly and completely.