Posted 2 years ago
- Brazil - (50) Cinquenta Cruzados Novos Bank Note - Issued 1989**
- Obverse - Head of Carlos Drummond de Andrade - Poet
- Reverse - Carlos Drummond de Andrade - At writing desk
- Color - Multi-color / Serial Number - A4713025312A
- Condition - CU (Crisp-uncirculated) - Aiello Paper Money Catalog# 223
- Overprint stamp in black square - (50) Cruzeiros / Issued 1990
*** Carlos Drummond de Andrade (1902-1987) was perhaps the most influential Brazilian poet of the 20th century. He has become something of a national poet; his poem "Canção Amiga" ("Friendly Song") was printed on the 50 cruzados bill. He is considered to be among the greatest Brazilian poets of all time.