Antique Old Lazy Aged Old Crown Ale Centlivre Brewing Corp. Fort Wayne Indiana Beer Sign Display

In Signs > Beer Signs > Show & Tell and Advertising > Show & Tell.
Beer Signs433 of 501Potosi convex glass lighted sign-WI.Kent ales sign, info needed please

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
ArtstudiomgrArtstudiomgr loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
DMK678DMK678 likes this.
VikingFan82VikingFan82 loves this.
ChapeldreamerChapeldreamer loves this.
jcollier83jcollier83 loves this.

electobacco

I am unsure of this items age. If anyone can tell me it would be much appreciated. I am unsure of what material this is made from as well. I thank you for looking and any feedback you may provide to me! Please make sure to have an awesome one! : )

I thank everyone for the responses below and anwering the questions I had on this item. It is very much appreciated.

Comments

1. Chris Helms, 4 years ago
    Centlivre started using the lazy aged guy on the side of Old Crown labels when they changed their label from a sort of gothic german design to a more simple three colored one. They revamped the old gothic label when they stopped having to put Internal Revenue Tax Paid on their labels in 1951. I'd date this piece about 1951-1955, because it's obviously not cheap or flimsy and Centlivre didn't have much of a budget for promotional items or advertising or anything else much after '55. They changed the name from Centlivre to Old Crown Brewing Corp when they sold the brewery to Chris-Craft in 1962, and the whole thing folded up and got sold to Peter Hand Brewing in Chicago in late 1973. I couldn't begin to tell you what it's made of. The lazy aged dude appears on the side of older Old Crown beer and bock cans. But not ale, for some reason. Somebody once told me the logo represents C.L. Centlivre, the brewery's founder, in heaven in some sort of old french clothing.
  2. electobacco electobacco, 4 years ago
    Thank you for showing some love towards this jcollier83. Chris! You are awesome. The detailed and thorough response I am so grateful for. A million thank yous are sent you way! Have a great night and always wishing you and your family nothing but the best! Peace.... : )
  3. Chris Helms, 4 years ago
    No problem. If you need info on anything else related to Centlivre give me a holler.
  4. Chapeldreamer Chapeldreamer, 3 years ago
    This is cute! There is just something about that little man...the curly hat...pointy toe shoes....sends shivers up my spine,LOL! ;)
  5. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thank you so much for showin some love VikingFan and Chapeldreamer. It is quite the unique outfit to say the least Chapel. I think with shoes like that it would send shivers through my toes...not my spine that is for sure..... : )
  6. DMK678 DMK678, 3 years ago
    I Like It & Great Info From Chris Helms Thans To Both Ya ...Fine Gentleman
    CheerZZZ!!
  7. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thank you DMK.....
  8. OCC, 3 years ago
    Chris pretty much covered everything the sign is composite I am thinking it was called and might just date around WWII era when metal was not around and they wanted to find other ways to make advertising.
  9. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    OCC I really appreciate the additional information. Thank you so much. Also thank you officialfuel for liking the item...
  10. OCC, 3 years ago
    There are three signs alike "Beer","Ale", "Beer & Ale" sayings at bottom.Really a cool sign and in nice shape.
  11. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the additional info OCC. Is this a more rare version would you say? How much would you say one of these may be worth? I would appreciate your additional feedback. If not no big deal. The information you already provided me I am not able to thank you enough.....
  12. OCC , 3 years ago
    I had same one it brought $70 I gave to friend I would say yours falls in same area $70-80.I am not sure which of three is toughest maybe the Beer-Ale one I don't see it much.
  13. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thanks OCC once again. I didn't think much of it. With all the comments though it got me thinking that this may be a real gem. Would you say this one is in better condition then the one you got rid of?
  14. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Artstudiomgr thanks for the love of this item. Have a great day! : )
  15. Chris Helms, 3 years ago
    I told you earlier that Centlivre started using the lazy aged guy around 1951, but actually he appears in some of their advertising during world war two, so it may be a few years older than I thought. Maybe WW2, as OCC said.
  16. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thank you for the update Chris. It seems with the additional information I have as well this would be from the WWII timeframe. Have a great one!! : )
  17. electobacco electobacco, 2 years ago
    mustang thank you for looking at some many of my items and loving this one! Have a great day! : )