Brass and copper Purse. Help?!?

In Bags > Handbags and Purses > Show & Tell.
Handbags and Purses179 of 208Small Brass and copper bag with stones...HELP????Vintage Enid Collins handbag. Butterflies

lisalisa loves this.
winglettswingletts loves this.
SugarLMtnAntqsSugarLMtnAntqs loves this.
helen2catshelen2cats loves this.
VintageArgentinaVintageArgentina likes this.
cindyjunecindyjune loves this.
kittycatman2kittycatman2 loves this.
MaltamaryMaltamary loves this.

myvintagew…

I got this today at a very random place. It came with another smaller one inside. I know it is brass and copper but that it about all I know. There are no markings on it besides its design on the bag itself. I don't know age, where it came from or any idea who made it. Any ideas would help so much!! Thanks!

Comments

1. Sandy, 3 years ago
    I know metal purses were popular in the art deco era, I have three, but not as ornate as yours.
  2. DecorativeDishes.net, 3 years ago
    Whenever I see brass with that type of design I think India.
  3. Jude, 3 years ago
    Made in India, last 30 years. Google: Metal pillow purse
  4. kittycatman2, 3 years ago
    I'm not sure but it looks like a 20's or 30's purse. I'll do some Google work and see what I come up with. :)
  5. kittycatman2, 3 years ago
    This was my first Bing search result and it looks a lot like your purse. This is the link. http://2chic4shabby.com/items/edwardian_brass_and_copper_purse.aspx
  6. Mark, 3 years ago

This looks like it. Indian brass and copper purse asking 75 dollars.
  7. Mark, 3 years ago

This looks like it. Indian brass and copper purse asking 75 dollars.
  8. cindyjune cindyjune, 3 years ago
    I absolutely love that no matter where it came from:)!
  9. MsDowAntiques MsDowAntiques, 3 years ago
    Echoing the New-Not-Old sayers - tons on Google-Shopping - not valuable, so use it and enjoy.

10. myvintagewares myvintagewares, 3 years ago
    Thank you all so much for all you feedback and help!!! You are all wonderful! I found it and the other matching one, a home in Australia.
  11. myra, 3 years ago
    I have the exact same one .... I bought it new approx 30 years ago in old Montreal. It is made in India and I remember that I paid $35.00 for it. The inside of mind is burgandy and I still have it !