Vintage Horse Tricycle

In Animals > Horses > Show & Tell.
Horses207 of 227The Wonder Horse - Rocking Horse Vintage Horse & Wagon Marked The Toy Kraft

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
trgrubaughtrgrubaugh loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd likes this.
collectingcollecting loves this.

northwestr…

I picked this piece up the other day, I thinks it's a oversea's mass produced item from the 1950's or 60's.
Still a very nice 50's - 60's vintage decorative piece.
Solied hand carrved Horse Body with real horse hair tail.
Wooden handle grips
Wooden Hubs on all wheels
Iron spoke wheels with wooden rims banded in steel

If anyone else has more information on these I would love to hear it.

Comments

1. scottvez scottvez, 3 years ago
    I agree that it is a decorators item produced overseas, but I think it is much more recent in manufacture.

Scott
  2. northwestrelics northwestrelics, 3 years ago
    Thanks Scott, the individual I bought this from, told me she bought this at an antique show in Portland, Oregon several years ago. Her story was the dealer she bought this from had this item in her collection for several years, but, no real date to tie it to.
  3. lowspeed, 3 years ago
    I agree with Scott. I've seen several of these in the past. They seem to be recently produced decorator pieces that are found at flea markets.
  4. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 3 years ago
    I bought and sold these in the early 1990's in my store (clearly marked as reproduction). They were imported from the Phillipines, and aged to look old.
  5. northwestrelics northwestrelics, 3 years ago
    I know its not an original, and just a reproduction, and I know these produced overseas. These are merely home decor, not a tricycle that was ever rode. This individual I purchased this from said she had purchased it over 20+ years ago at a Portland, Or Antique Show. She bought it from a woman who told her she had owned it for several years prior to her selling it. I am guessing this was produced in the 60's or 70's.