Madonna and Child

In Arts and Crafts > Show & Tell.
Arts and Crafts Era263 of 280Real or SouvenirCeramic Disk

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
fledermausfledermaus loves this.
aeonaeon likes this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
swilliamsswilliams loves this.
DottieDottie loves this.
Savoychina1Savoychina1 loves this.

Phylos

This is my own Madonna and Child that I sculpted in Carrara marble. This is a high relieve, 19"h x 11"x x 8"d. She has a black marble base. About fourteen years ago she won an award at the Audubon Artist in NY. But I haven't exhibited her lately, so she is collecting dust in my living room. What do you think of her?

Comments

1. areliczone areliczone, 4 years ago
    Its beautyful. You get an award from me. It looks like a lot of hours of pleasure. I restore antique furniture, but make ukulele's for pleasure. I will show one of my ukes.
  2. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    SEE ! I knew you had mad skills ! That is AWESOME. Have you checked out my statue (bought not sculpted !)
  3. Phylos, 4 years ago
    Thanks for the award Areliczone. I appreciate your comments. This was my second sculpture in stone and it took 4 months for me to complete it.
  4. Phylos, 4 years ago
    Thanks Savoychina1 for your comments about my sculpture "Madonna and child." I loved your sculpture as well. The stone alone would have cost about $3.600.00 minimum. One month of carving plus the creative work that the sculptor put into it is a great asset. The title “Hyacinths” is wonderful in itself. Congratulations to you!
  5. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 2 years ago
    Hello. This is a magnificent work. The face of the Madonna has filled me with peace. There is a profound reverence, tenderness, gravity, and dignity in her visage. Magnificent. Words are inadequate here. Thank you, miKKo
  6. fledermaus fledermaus, 1 year ago