Copeland Spode open sugar bowl sold by T Goode & Co.

In China and Dinnerware > Spode China > Show & Tell.
Spode China14 of 22Spode Tower Blue Cranberry?My battered but precious Copeland Spode italian Ware jug

nldionnenldionne loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.

walksoftly

I need help identifying this pattern.

Bought this at an auction yesterday, I new nothing about it, just liked the colours.
I'm straying from my comfort zone on this, from what I've found out, it dates from 1891 - 1900+, was hand painted, & appears to be a open sugar bowl.
Mfg. by Spode for T, Goode & Co. a high end store.
Dia. 2 7/8"
hight 1 5/8"

Comments

1. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the L's, Mani & scandi.
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the L & the comment, Bellin.
    I hope someone can help identify the pattern& other details on this piece as I've been unable to find anything online.
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    Thanks scandi for spending some time on this, I just found out that Spode has an estimated 75,000 patterns & thousands of shapes, this could be a difficult quest for info.
  4. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Thanks mikko for stopping by & showing this some love.
  5. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    I tried looking also, was thrilled when I found one like it only to discover that it was your post showing up. Will keep looking.
  6. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Hi eye4, that is getting close, it's nice to see this bowl drawing some interest again, thanks for your help so far.
  7. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    This has to be a rare pattern, the only thing I see is yours.
  8. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the love nldionne, & it's nice to have you in on the search.
  9. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    The numbers might be 5587, looks like they were done with a brush & it's hard to make them out.
  10. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago

Have you tried this? They are supposed to have all answers. Good luck.
  11. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    @ nldionne thanks for that link, I searched on that yesterday, so far no luck.
    Thanks for your interest & help in this.
  12. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    Did you see stokes archive, can send picture and they will research supposedly.
  13. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Hi eye4,
    I did look at your comment # 9, it is close but there are differences. That garden scene is used on several different patterns that I found. It seems they mixed & matched the inner scenes with different borders & colours.
    Even the two cups/bowls that I have are slightly different.
    One thing that I noticed with these is the quality of craftsmanship isn't as good as other Spode items, is it possible they are for cheaper sets to be sold on mass through the T Goode & Co store.
  14. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Hi nldionne, I did see the contact info for the archive research, unfortunately I also saw what they charge for their services.
  15. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    Ahhhhh, sorry didn't see that. Wish I could have helped. If you could read the numbers may lead to pattern. I've looked at so many that Chinese Rose is imbedded on my retinas.
  16. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    Is this it? Please tell me it is !
  17. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    @ eye4, I think I'm a little slow and or tired & confused, I see a lot of images in that link but what one were you referring to.
  18. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Eye4 in the link you provided # 25 there is no individual image, all I get is the full batch of images under the search term copeland spode t, goode & co.
  19. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Thanks so much eye4 for your help & research & patience on this mystery.
    You are correct on the fact that it is the similar, this pavilion or garden scene shows up numerous times in various patterns.
    If I understand the transfer technique properly, they first did a master engraving on copper, then did a reverse image on paper. This could then be used as a complete image or cut into it's various elements & combined with other engravings to come up with a new pattern.
    The elusive part is now to find the garden scene in combination with the border pattern.