1970 JC Penney ElTigre mini-bike

In Motorcycles > Show & Tell.
Motorcycles398 of 7541972 Chaparral mini-bike T-172 BulletColumbia MTD Mud-Bug 3 wheel minibike yard trike

NiceficeNicefice loves this.
auraaura loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
VontrikeVontrike loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.

I bought this 1970 ElTigre mini-bike from a friend of mine. These were alot of fun back in the day. I remember when Penneys & Sears used to sell these mini-bikes in the 70s. If you were lucky as a kid, you had one of these models with working suspension. If not you just hit the gas on your rigid frame model & learned to hang on tight!

1. Donleo, 4 years ago
    Use to have one when I was a kid. Would you be interested in selling it?
    Brings back a lot of good memories of my Mom and Dad.
  2. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 4 years ago
    Thanks for the comment Donleo.
    This is one that I had sold a few years ago, but I still wanted to post a pic.
  3. Donleo, 4 years ago
    Well Dang. I really want it. If you know of anyone please let me know or give them my contact info.

4. Bday, 10 months ago
    What's one of these mini bikes worth
  5. Donleo, 10 months ago
    Depends on the condition. All fixed up good condition about $500 if all original
  6. Bikerman883, 8 months ago
    I just picked one up from a buddy I grew up with. He is the original owner of it, we rode it as kids.
  7. phantomsignal, 8 months ago
    I had two of these. One in the 70's. It had the full suspension. The second one we picked up a couple years ago., someone had taken the engine out and replaced it with a chainsaw motor. It was slow off the line but had a great top end. Great memories..
  8. mikeh, 4 months ago
  9. NicksCrustyStuff NicksCrustyStuff, 4 months ago
    Hi Mikeh,
    Not sure, maybe , they have a parts section and a lot of other minibike info. Or keep checking on eBay and eventually something might turn up.