Posted 1 year ago
This near-mint artillery stein stands 11 inches tall and is named to a Reservist Gefreiter, or Private 1st class, Dellinger. He served in the 2nd Battery Cleves Field Artillery Regiment Number 43 garrisoned in Wesel from 1900 to 1902. The city originated from a Franconian manor that was first recorded in the 8th century. In the 12th century, the Duke of Clèves took possession of Wesel. The city became a member of the Hanseatic League during the 15th century. Within the Duchy of Cleves,Wesel is an important trading center closes to the French border. The finial is of two cannoneers arguing over a schnapps flask. The roster and artwork are bright and vivid with no fading. The left side scene shows a gun crew with a team of horses and a gun limber. The right side shows a blue/gray Krupp made Model 98/ 77 cm Field canon being fired by a gun crew. Each member of the eight man gun crew knew their duties, this discipline insured the accuracy and firing of the weapon and the safety of the crew. This stein is in mint condition with no fading of the colors and it has no cracks chips or damage.