Midnight Blue cased glass

In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Art Glass4945 of 9485Bohemian?Loetz 3-Handle shape #8 - Bullet

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
dasullywondasullywon loves this.
JustanoviceJustanovice loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

AmberRose

I saw this pretty little glass piece at the thrift but have no idea what it is. It appears to be cased with a couple of colors...
So what is it? TJMaxx? I figured for 50 cents it was worth the educational experience. Glass gang????

Comments

1. Justanovice Justanovice, 1 year ago
    cant help AmberRose, but a lovely blue!! I think I must be into Blue as I keep saying it!! Nice find!
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Thank you Tony, V and Justanovice!
  3. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    I know the blue is great!
  4. dasullywon dasullywon, 1 year ago
    I see three layers (and a little chip, LOL) and the shape is very Bohemian. I'd say either Bohemian, English or American. Dugan maybe?
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Dasullywon, yep little chip there. But it was 50 cents, so I accept it as character.
    I have pinch pot in my head...that thre right term?
  6. dasullywon dasullywon, 1 year ago
    I'm not sure; might be a "toothpick" or a very strange shot glass!
  7. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Too big for either more the size of a roks glass.
    Did you know Dasullywon auto corrects to causually won...I had a giggle over it
  8. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Or a rocks glass...geez
  9. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Well doesn't look like Dugan, thanks for the link
    Eye!
  10. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    A beauty.
  11. dasullywon dasullywon, 1 year ago
    Dugan made a WIDE variety of stuff, and liked to imitate Bohemian glass, but I'm not sure I have ever seen cased Dugan glass; it was just a wild but somewhat educated guess on my part. Fenton maybe? (here we go again!)
  12. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Oh, forgive me slow today. Supposed to go out to Girl and the Goat tonight...kiddos going to Grandmas...then youngest started barfing...so long tasty dinner...hello boring night with sick baby
  13. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Thank you, dasullywon. I know nothing about glass but using this as good opportunity to learn.
    Eye, imagine me rasberrying you : P
  14. dasullywon dasullywon, 1 year ago
    Thank you Amber (I think).
  15. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Actually Eye, the hubby and our friends are going without me. I threw myself on the sword. There is an open seat however...
  16. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Thanks inky!
  17. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Question (probably dumb one) is the uranium glass radioactive? I'd rather have you laugh at me instead of someone else.
  18. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    It is fractionally. Certainly not enough to worry about. However, I don't eat or drink off it. Actually not a dumb question at all
    You going to an auction today?
  19. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Not sure driveway and car covered with snow . Have to remember when I was growing up I was taught to get under my desk when "the bomb" hit. A lot of good that would have done huh:)
  20. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Go on out. Little bit of stinky snow. You are tougher than that! Plus I have to live vicariously through you
  21. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Well you were really living when I ended up in the corn field last month!
  22. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Oh my goodness...sorry to say I laughed out loud when I read this. Hope you and yours were okay. Stay home. Throw a log on the fire and kick back. I plan on posting more, live vicariously through me.
  23. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Not intentional! Slid, spun around a few times went through a ditch like the dukes of hazard. Husband took his truck down and pulled me out. We burned the clutch out and had to wait 1 1/2 hours for tow truck. It was a wild ride but could have been worse, could have hit a cow:)
  24. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Oh, did not get hurt, car a little banged up where I landed but the good thing is I had a pinched nerve in my back and next morning it was fixed.
  25. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Thank you everyone!
  26. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Still looking for more ideas. This is a piece that is really bugging me!
  27. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 1 year ago
    Can you get sharper pics of it? these are a little blurry. Three layer cased says quality. is the white layer uranium? I saw a comment about uranium glass but no reference as to if that layer was indeed uranium glass. If it is, I'd say it had age. While Uranium glass is still made They don't usually include it in cased layers. (they don't normally case either)
  28. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Hi GSO! Pretty confident no uranium. Will get better shots when the light is better. Having a terrific storm at the moment. This one is a real puzzler to me, so I appreciate the help. It's such a navy color, which seems weird to me.
  29. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Amber, yours is better than mine!!! Oh well....back to the drawing board !!!!! XOXOXOXO
  30. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 1 year ago
    I'm puzzled by it. cased.. unusual in modern piece.. but that grainy satin finish is SO modern looking. I don't think it's bohemian. I don't think it's French, English or American.

Italian is a possibility. or maybe an unusual modern import... does it have wear on the foot at all?
  31. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 1 year ago
    I have an italian alarm bonging very loudly in my head over this. My gut instinct is midcentury Italian..