Can someone help me identify this item? Please!!

In Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen1142 of 3312Hot Water Urn My Golden Spoons

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Bird407
(1 item)

In an effort to clean out my grandfathers mechanic shop over the weekend, the family stumbled upon this item in the corner of the upstairs portion. It appears to be some type of beverage holder/server. We are thinking that it is either brass or copper and has two spouts with valves. The container also has two vertical glass cylinders above the valves and the interior seems to be some type of ceramic. I could not find any information on the internet about this and was hoping someone here could help. Thanks in advance.

Comments

1. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 1 year ago
    See my post under my name, there isn't a way for me to show a photo here....

T A
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Restaurant Size Coffee Urn, circa: 1900 it is used to keep coffee and or tea hot.

Is there a nameplate on it?
    Picture at this link scroll down near bottom.
  3. Bird407, 1 year ago
    Thanks Walk, I was not able to really study it in detail because we were rather busy but I do not believe that there is a nameplate on it. I'm hoping to get possession of it for further study soon though. It seems to have a ceramic or some type of stoneware inside it and an area between the outer shell and ceramic. I'm guessing that you put water in there to heat up around the outside of the inner liner, if that makes sense. If I can get the item to my house, I'll try to study it a little closer and post whatever I can find out.
  4. Bird407, 1 year ago
    And Walk, thanks for that link. That picture is exactly what we have.
  5. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Keep us posted & I hope you find some other treasures to share with us.
    Good luck & welcome to CW.
  6. Bird407, 1 year ago
    Thanks, I found out today that I should be able to purchase it from the family. I'm hoping to take possession of it in the next two weeks for further study and a little polishing if I can figure out how to do it without messing things up! I'm excited to get it, my mom said she can remember it in my grandfathers shop when she was young.
  7. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    It's nice that you get to be the owner of this part of your family history, should clean up nice!
  8. Bird407, 1 year ago
    Well, I was able to bring this item home and after further study I cannot find any markings on it. It is possible that it was my great grandfathers, I have been told that he worked at a local army base at one time and also owned a couple of diners in the fifties. That could be how my grandfather got the item. Thanks all for your help!