Rowing Cart "The Boat"

In Toys > Show & Tell.
Toys832 of 1889AMF Ranch Trac Pedal Tractor with Dump Trac!peddle car, been around a while

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
MattyGMattyG loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

swrdo
(1 item)

As a boy we loved to play on "The Boat". At least that is what we called it. That's me on the back, brother in front getting his first driving lesson. I am now 69. I'd love to find out more about our childhood toy. As I recall it was red colored and the "oars" turned the axle on the back. You steered with the front axle. The item in the background was something WWII surplus. One side (bottom) we filled with sand to play in and the other (top side) we used in the summer for a wading pool.

If anyone can help me with more information on the cart in particular I would be most grateful.

Comments

1. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Very nice!!! Welcome to CW!!
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    What a cute photo and what a wonderful wagon, I have never seen anything like it but I am in wonder !~
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Saw this image of a toy hand car like yours.

4. swrdo, 1 year ago
    Thank you so very much for finding "The Boat". I tried to decipher a bit more from the image site but not sure there was any more info on it. I'll go through antiquesnavigator's website and see if I can locate the thing there. Apparently they had one at some time and probably sold it. However, that is ewxactly what "The Boat" looked like. If anyone has any more info on where I can find one or where it was made (brand, etc.) please let me know. If I could find one or the one pictured I might be persuaded to buy it. Thanks again Phil.
  5. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Wish you luck swrdo, hope you find one. Will keep my eyes open for one. Phil.