gorgeous impressionist oil painting of a seascape, signed but illegible!

All items143089 of 220893Czech- Marbled red pieces A Micro Mosaic Dog on Cushion brooch

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
AimathenaAimathena loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
catteanncatteann loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.

DrNessa

I LOVE this oil painting!
    Bought it awhile back from a collector in New Jersey who had to downsize.

Looks like the original gilt frame, impressionist seascape with sky.
    It's signed in red on the bottom right, but I can't read it.........

Would love to know who the artist is, so I can find more of his work!
    Does anyone know who this is?
    The lady I bought it from thought it was from the late 1800's.

Thanks for looking,

Nessa

Comments

1. Dizzydave Dizzydave, 7 years ago
      Its apparent this is not a amateur Artist. Quality is to good for that, hard to make out Signature but You might try using a Black light to see if it will enhance the signature better. I find with certain light, signatures can be seen better. I find when a Painting is signed in "Red" from that period they tend to be by Artist of some Importance. I have over 400 oils in my collection and know how hard it can be to figure out some signatures! Good Luck!
    2. DrNessa DrNessa, 7 years ago
      Thanks for your input!
      I'll try the black light.
      Hope I find out who it is, I'd love to have more by him.

Nessa
    3. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 7 years ago
      Photo apps that you can change the colors or make the image 3d, etc., can also help. Try turning the photo into a negative.

Also it could be a mountain scape and not the sea, the terpenes make the mountains look blue/gray.

Great piece,

T A
    4. DrNessa DrNessa, 7 years ago
      I never thought of it as a Mountain picture, but I see what you mean!
      Either way, I love it!

Nessa
    5. ho2cultcha ho2cultcha, 7 years ago
      i didn't think that it was a seascape. i thought it was a mountainscape right away.
    6. Dizzydave Dizzydave, 7 years ago
      It is a Mountain Landscape, You have the forward trees and then it swopes down into a valley, then another distant tree line and again it goes down and You have the Mountains in the background. I know this mountain but Im getting a headache trying to remember?? lol
    7. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 7 years ago
      For me it makes me remember this place: http://images.summitpost.org/original/95547.JPG

Hawk Mountain

Dave, I think many will reckon they know this place... That to me means the artist did a wonderful job.

T A
    8. CWcollections CWcollections, 7 years ago
      Yeah, I too thought I recognized that mountain. :)
    9. DrNessa DrNessa, 7 years ago
      I saw the picture in the link you sent it yes, it does look like that mountain with the little "dip" in the top on the right!!
      So cool, thanks a lot!