Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Can anyone tell me what this solid ball of wood is with swivel plate on bottom

Blackshiep1's likes1 of 4Northwestern bubble gum/nut machineAncient beer cans
Love it
Like it

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
PeterdruryPeterdrury loves this.
Blackshiep1Blackshiep1 likes this.
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 6 years ago

    (1 item)

    Can you identify this item it is solid, wood, large ball type object flat side is 10 inches across 10 inches high and 35 inches around as seen in photo it has a swivel type bottom with a heavy plate and also a piece of heavy metal running from one side to the other down the middle. There are some type of hook loops running around the sides also. It is very heavy weight quite a few pounds. Someone suggested a railroad signal ball but I checked it out against the photos I could fin and didn't come to that conclusion.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


    1. Blackshiep1 Blackshiep1, 6 years ago
      Perhaps some type of counter-weight, neat piece. Be sure to check on CW Facebook page as they have this item posted, somebody may have the correct answer.
    2. Peterdrury Peterdrury, 6 years ago
      where did you get it?
    3. Frankenchrist Frankenchrist, 6 years ago
    4. esofea, 6 years ago
      I will keep checking the fb page. I know it is a very neat piece and could not resist purchasing it even though I had no idea of what it is. I bought it in the Lacrosse wi. area and just began wondering if it may be something from the Trane company here in Lacrosse (Air conditioning company) they have done a lot of remodeling over the years.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.