Share your favorites on Show & Tell

not sure what type these are

In Tools and Hardware > Insulators > Show & Tell.
Recent activity50984 of 181867Coca-Cola trinkets.My Murano Glass finds
Love it
Like it

mrcolorzmrcolorz loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

can someone help with a description of what kind of insulators these are?

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Jon, 7 years ago
    Hello, The large round insulator is from a chain of old suspension insulators. You can still find these in use in some areas.
  2. Bob, 7 years ago
    The disk shaped insulators are high voltage suspension insulators that were connected together with metal links. There would be three to eight insulators in a string, depending on the voltage of the power line. The other two are guy strain insulators. They are used to insolate support cables, used to steady a pole or tower, from the ground.
  3. calkid, 7 years ago
    any idea the value of these?
  4. Bob, 7 years ago
    There are three sizes of Hewlett Suspension Disc Insulators, 10, 7 and 6 inch diameters. Yours looks like the 10 inch, I have seen these sell from $5 to $35, of course condition and markings affect value. I don't follow Hewletts closely, so I don't know all the variations in embossings and how they affect value. The guy wire strains, assuming they do not have a manufactures mark, would range between $1 and $10 each, closer to the $1 area.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.