a set my mom had burried in a hope chest

In Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen579 of 6618The T. EATON Co. Limited, MacGilloury 1929 Fall FairNewest unknown tool at coffee.

fortapachefortapache loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
    NULL

Posted 1 year ago

luangie

it is only stamped Solingen-Germany stainless
it has the same ornate design as the anton wingler 5 piece painted on it but does not have his stamp or a meat cleaver...in total is is a 4 piece set please help with any information you can

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Beautiful and welcome to CW . I hope someone can help you but I can say they are nicest set I ever saw .
  2. Mystaplers Mystaplers, 1 year ago
    I believe what you have is a carving set by Anton Wingen Jr. out of Solingen Germany.
    Rostdrei indicates that these items are stainless steel.
    You set is particularly well maintained and in beautiful condition.
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    N-I-C-E !
  4. luangie, 1 year ago
    Thank you all. I believe it is an Anton Wingen Jr also however I'm confused because his stamp is not on it. When passing to the next generation other than the etched painting how do I explain no markings?
  5. Mystaplers Mystaplers, 1 year ago
    I don't think you have reason to be confused. In most cases you can not apply today's standards to yesterdays products. When this set was manufactured in Solingen Germany the town had a population of less than 20 thousand. Anton Wingen produced kitchen cutlery with a distinct pattern. His deer, hogs and ducks were all carved in the same pattern. If anyone copied his work he would have gone after them through the legal system. I have seen other industries where the maker of an item did not put is brand on the item or they would sell it under a different name all together. I would say, you believe it is a Wingen's set, prove it's not .