Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Please help

In Asian > Japanese Antiques > Show & Tell.
billretirecoll's loves664 of 928Art Deco glass PanelAntique Print in Ornate Frame
Love it
Like it

auraaura loves this.
billretirecollbillretirecoll loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 2 years ago

    (1 item)

    Does anyone know about this? And what it's called? All I know is it was made in Japan when it was called nippon. I have searched everywhere and cant find any information.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


    1. RCassano, 2 years ago
      The McKinley Tariff Act of 1890 required that all goods imported to the U.S. be marked with the country of origin. Japan marked their goods with "Nippon", which is the Japanese word for Japan, from 1890 to 1921 until the U.S. required that the country name be in English. So, beginning in 1922, the word Japan was used.

      There are a lot of fakes out there.

    2. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 years ago
      Welcome to CW Raukura! :^D
      Do you have a pic. that shows the whole piece, is it a vase, or goblet, what is it made of, pottery? What size is it? Thanks! :^)

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.