Gold Circle Line Playing Cards “Trump” as the Joker

In Cards > Playing Cards > Show & Tell.
Playing Cards14 of 291vintage OPERATION HIDDEN AGENDA playing cardsPlaying cards Maple leaf

ShuzbutShuzbut loves this.
Collectables59Collectables59 loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
iggyiggy loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.

Posted 12 months ago

shareurpas…

Hi all! Not trying to make any political statement by any means, BUT...

Yeah, in sifting through things here and there, I could not believe this deck of playing cards I found Still in the original package!!! With a Norman Rockwell painting on the back of the deck!!! My guess is that they could be from the 70’s, or somewhere between the 50’s - 70’s, but no newer than that.

So what do YOU think??? Was someone at the Gold Circle Line Company peering into the future???

I looked up the company, unable to find any documentation on this distributor.

Should I send them to the White House?! LOL!!!

Too funny, don’t you think?

Hope you all enjoyed this post!

I’ll be back soon! Xoxo

logo
    Playing Cards
    Vtg Philibert Le Florentin Nudes Playing Cards Emile Becat Erotica Ltd Ed MIMB
    Vtg Philibert Le Florentin Nudes Pl...
    $100
    WOW! Vintage Complete Set Alberto Vargas Varga Pin Up Girls Playing Cards w/ Box
    WOW! Vintage Complete Set Alberto V...
    $120
    Antique Lawrence Cohen Full Deck Playing Cards No Numbers 1860s - 1870s
    Antique Lawrence Cohen Full Deck Pl...
    $118
    VINTAGE TEXAS LBJ PLAYING CARDS
    VINTAGE TEXAS LBJ PLAYING CARDS...
    $3
    logo
    Vtg Philibert Le Florentin Nudes Playing Cards Emile Becat Erotica Ltd Ed MIMB
    Vtg Philibert Le Florentin Nudes Pl...
    $100

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 12 months ago
      That is great novelty set of cards :-) I can't comment more <wink>
    2. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Hi Mani! Isn't this just ...ironic??? Thanks so much for the comment. Excellent to see you!!! xoxo
    3. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 12 months ago
      <LOLOLOL> shareurpassion!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

[but the Joker's face/hair is black instead of orange...oops, I probably shouldn't have added that...? ;-) ]
    4. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Right?!? Well, maybe his hair really is black instead of orange! Was my reply worse than yours??? hahaha Thanks, I love it!!!
    5. iggy iggy, 12 months ago
      Perfect!
    6. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 12 months ago
      The deck is certainly older and I can explain the Trump card. Long ago there was a card game called Triumph. As it gained popularity people shortened the name to Trump. Also in the game Euchre the Jack is trump and the joker could be used in addition as a trump card. I recall my parents playing such games as I was growing up and complaining about the other getting all the Trump.
    7. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Thanks iggy for stopping in. So far been lucky there's been no political bantering. I thought it was pretty funny when I saw these unexpectedly.
    8. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      fhrjr2 The only game I personally know of that trumps cards is Spades. Don't play any other games myself that would trump a card. Thanks for stopping in!
    9. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      keramikos, I agree 70's. I thought about when I remember most seeing the Norman Rockwell posters and the like come out. That was my conclusion too! Thanks for stopping in with your thought ;)
    10. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Thanks for stopping in Vet and Collectables59! Appreciated!
    11. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 12 months ago
      Hi Share, I hope that you're Safe, and Well! :^D There seems to be lots of these Trump Norman Rockwell Design Playing Cards out there, some that have a Bar Code on them too, so they've made for a while. I just wanted to mention another Card Game with a Trump, and try to stay away from cleaning my lungs with "Hand Sanitizer", (oh did I write that?) A Game that I played for years, and learned from my Parents, "Pinochle" it uses a Trump Suit, that is called by the person with the winning Bid, and can be played in the place of another suit(Trump), when a player is out of the suit in play, and takes the play unless a higher Trump card is played! (T.M.I.), but that's ok! :^D
      Thank you for posting, it's Fun to talk TRUMP . . .playing cards! :^)
    12. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 12 months ago
      Just a Warning about Hand Sanitizer being a Fire Hazard:

Just something that we should be aware of! Also never ingest it in any way!
      Stay Safe, Bill :^)
    13. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 12 months ago
      Fascinating video of the fire hazard!
    14. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Bill, OMG! Who would have known? That's like jet fuel or race car fuel, you can't always see the flames. That's pretty important to know, thanks for sharing that! As far as the games go, yes, I have heard of the one you mention but never played it. I don't know if in the game of hearts you would call a trump but I've casually played that so long ago, I can't remember! Thanks so much for stopping in. I hope everyone watches that video!!!
    15. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Watchsearcher, ditto!!! Glad you stopped in and watched that vid.
    16. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      bb2, fort and stuff! Thanks for the love!
    17. iggy iggy, 12 months ago
      Yes, Bill. Pinochle, been playing that for years. Mostly 3 handed or 2 handed. Not teams(4 plyrs) to much. Also Euchre. It's popular up here in Mi and the Midwest. Both games use 'trump' cards.
    18. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Bruce, thanks for the love! Appreciated!
    19. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 12 months ago
      Iggy, I know the Euchre game has been said but I don't think I've ever even seen that game!
    20. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 12 months ago
      Ironic it is. Not a very popular card here where we prefer the King :) LOL
    21. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 11 months ago
      Trump seems to be taking credit for making America great again, but in the world's eye, I hate to say it, but America is the joke of the day to outside countries.
    22. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 11 months ago
      I remember first seeing this card in my mind in the very early 1970's.
    23. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 8 months ago
      In hosp again for 15 days of a 30 day stint. Not on line much, as they are building the site and does not work on most emails I cannot receive.
    24. glassiegirl glassiegirl, 8 months ago
      Been thinking about you and wondering how your summer has been going. Glad to see you on CW, but so sorry, you're in the hosp... Sending you good vibes, Phil. xx
    25. Shuzbut Shuzbut, 29 days ago
      Its funny how people from other country's that have" Rulers" running there country ,seem to run their mouths about our country and people we elect ...who keeps them safe ,.. who gets to live cheaper then us because they don't put money in to a military,....they just relies on us ..a country that has more welfare than most country's and yes he did making America great again .. and every country out there knows it as a fact ...cause there country's are failing ....due to the clowns that are put in to office by the rulers not the people in there country's...but that's changing here...now that we have a brain dead pres..who doesn't know his own name most days......just saying .."say , what they say , let them say"...nice cards...I'm sure this will be dumped ...lol dare I disagree...enjoy the day...