Posted 11 years ago
Camp Campbell served as training post for several armor divisions during WW2. The 12th, 14th and 20th AR Divions all trained at Camp Campbell prior to overseas deployment.
This pillow cover was likely purchased by a soldier from one of those armor units and sent home to his mother.
Camp Campbell became Fort Campbell in 1950 and the home of the famed 101st Airborne Division in 1956.