What is this? Is it Chinese or African?

All items187982 of 214742what type of glass is this???Japanese Giner Jar?

ThoscahabaThoscahaba loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
lisalisa likes this.
ThriftStoreAddictThriftStoreAddict loves this.

Songwriter53

I come across this unique thing - they are gold color . I thought they might be asian but I can't tell does anyone know?

Comments

1. Vestaswind Vestaswind, 9 years ago
      I'm totally loving this. I was going to say perhaps a Mayan influence, but I noticed the curved sword. The first curved swords were made in Japan. If it's a later influence it could be anywhere, but the Tang were the first to make the curved sword. It's really awesome!
    2. Esther110 Esther110, 9 years ago
      Looks like it's from India to me. hmmm
      I just love it Julie!! Great find!!
    3. Vestaswind Vestaswind, 9 years ago
      This is what I find cool. Here is a picture of one of the earlier Samurai armor outfits. Notice later on the mask influence.
      Then the Tang swords used by the Samurai. It was a cold steel curved blade. Anyway here is a piece of art of that era. Notice the sword and the armor. You might even want to ask this guy who has this site. I think it's SO cool!
    4. Songwriter53 Songwriter53, 9 years ago
      Thanks Esther and Vistawind- especially for the links :) I checked them out they were so cool .... .. I was wondering if these made out of gilt copper? what do you think?
    5. Vestaswind Vestaswind, 9 years ago
      Honestly I can't tell from the pictures. It's a really cool piece though
    6. Esther110 Esther110, 9 years ago
      Julie, I asked an indian friend of mine about your piece. This is a copypaste of her answer:
      ++"Its def not Japanese but not sure if its Indian too looks like tribals from Bali or Indonesia or some such far east islands ???? I could be very wrong too :))!++

Not too helpful, I'm afraid...but at least it gives us another place to look.
    7. Songwriter53 Songwriter53, 7 years ago