Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Is it a key or tool?

In Tools and Hardware > Keys > Show & Tell.
Keys127 of 155What kind of key is this? Please help!Vintage Key Collection
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(2 items)

I bought this with some other items. I have no idea what it is or used for. It looks like its made of cast iron but i am not sure. Would appreciate any information.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Lumpy Lumpy, 6 years ago
    Looks like an antique jail key, to me.
  2. longforgotten longforgotten, 6 years ago
    I thought it might be to an old car's crank key , it is 6' long. W/ a DF on it
  3. dande52, 6 years ago
    this key is to unlock the water meter cover so yourwater meter can be read or to turn off the water to your house.
  4. longforgotten longforgotten, 6 years ago
    Thanks . Must be an old type of water meter.
  5. dande52, 6 years ago
    must be..i havent seen one of this in 20-30 yrs
  6. dande52, 6 years ago
    AR8Jason, i didnt say it was a key for the meter. if you read what i said was that it was a key for the cover.
  7. dande52, 6 years ago
    google images has pictures of watermeter keys, to me it looks just like yours mr.longforgotten.
  8. dande52, 6 years ago
    sorry..its watermeter cover keys
  9. longforgotten longforgotten, 6 years ago
    Thank you all. I thought it might be an old one. The DF must stand for Dallas & Fort Worth. And dande52 it would be Miss.longforgotten .Thank you again for all of the info... Have a great day.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.