Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Cambridge draped lady flower frog, base & bowl?

In Glassware > Cambridge Glass > Show & Tell.
Glassware6636 of 8261A Very nice handpainted plateTwo pieces crystal punch bowl. Brilliant ?
Love it
Like it

auraaura loves this.
MoonhillMoonhill loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago

(304 items)

I found this at a garage sale. Lady having the sale said it belonged to her grandma. I asked if the bowl was original, she said that the flower frog was always in the bowl from what she remembers. I am unsure since the bowl is a light light purple. The flower frog itself is a clear crystal. Besides the bowl is this little dish that the flower frog sits in, I have not seen other flower frogs with a little base like this??? Is it something added by original owner or is this original to the piece??? If it is original is there a proper term for it? Nothing is marked & no sticker labels, unsure if Cambridge is the correct maker? If anyone can help with any info it is much appreciated.
TIA & for looking.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. glassnut2, 4 years ago
    They were usually in a centerpiece bowl made by Cambridge with a center depression that the frog would fit into. Have seen them in waterfall bowls and flared bowls made by them. I have one that I display in a Rosepoint center piece bowl and a green one in a waterfall bowl, but originally in a decagon shaped centerpiece bowl which belonged to my mother in law and got broken.
  2. Moonhill Moonhill, 10 months ago
    The bowl is correct for a larger draped lady frog (frog 12 1/2 inches tall. I have one from my grandmother she received as a wedding present.
  3. Moonhill Moonhill, 10 months ago
    PS....mine is all crystal clear, lady and bowl.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.