Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Help! What sort of tool is this and what is used for?

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Railroadiana1 of 1070Railroad PostcardsPostcard San Diego to La Jolla Motorcar Circa 1910
Love it
Like it

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 likes this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(1 item)

What is this?! Concrete tool? Spear? Other drill or air hammer bit of some sort? It's iron and about 20" long.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. spiritinthesky3 spiritinthesky3, 5 years ago
    Saw something almost identical on this website ... Anvil Gallery

    The two T-stakes above both have cylindrical arms of different sizes. Depending on the need this type of stake is made in various sizes and with different proportions. A Brazier is a brass worker and the name of something that holds a small fire. A Conductor is the large part at the top of a down spout.
    Pexto is an anagram from Peck, Stow & Wilcox Co. Originally there was Peck, then Peck and Stow, then P.S.&W Co. Roper Whitney (Formerly Whitney Punch) now owns the Pexto trade name and sells a reduced line of their tools including stakes.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.