Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What's this??? I found it while picking through some Model T & A parts

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware9467 of 9558It's a .....????Ice pick
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 11 years ago

    (1 item)

    Just wondering if anyone knows what this tool is. i have no clue and thought someone might have some insight.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    15" Valley Pro AMERICAN HICKORY Woo...
    WORKSITE WT3940 Woodworking Jack Plane Hand Planer Shaver Carpenter Woodcraft
    WORKSITE WT3940 Woodworking Jack Pl...
    1 Pair of RESTORED Antique Glass Door Knobs + Ready to Install - Many Available!
    1 Pair of RESTORED Antique Glass Do...
    Gold Victorian Antique Vintage Rose 2toggle Light Switch Cover Plate Decorative
    Gold Victorian Antique Vintage Rose...
    15" Valley Pro AMERICAN HICKORY Woo...
    See all


    1. jsw14 jsw14, 11 years ago
      It looks like a casting metal mold of some sort. Hmmmm.....
    2. Happythisway Happythisway, 11 years ago
      That was for applying a hot patch to an inner tube. They would apply a rubber patch to the hole in the inner tube and then clamp it in that device. Then place it with the cup facing up, put some gas in the bowl with the bumps, and then light it and let it burn. The bumps would transfer heat to the patch and melt it to the inner tube. Later they made hot patches that had a little tin cup stuck right to the patch. You didn't use this contraption anymore. You clamped it with a special C clamp and lit the powder in the tin cup and it burned real quick and melted the patch to the inner tube. Them are long gone also. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.