Small Round top Trunk

In Furniture > Trunks > Show & Tell and Victorian Era > Show & Tell.
Trunks805 of 855Small Herringbone tin Trunk with Wood HandlesCedarchest

marcobabe13marcobabe13 loves this.
Fromclutter2cashFromclutter2cash loves this.
senor_trunksenor_trunk loves this.
tikiraytikiray loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

TrunkerMar…

One of my favorite small trunks, sometimes called a Half Trunk or Hat Trunk. This one was very well preserved in great original condition, including the old key, inside covered tray, and leather handles. You can see the metal hardware still has some of the original tin coating on it. Most trunks from the 1880's to 1890's had tinned hardware and nails which made them look silver in color. This is canvas covered and paper covered inside with the colorful Victorian chromolithographs and trim. They wrote the owners name on the side with fancy lettering! That was pretty common to do on old trunks. This trunk was probably made in the mid 1890's based on the hardware styles. I tried to research the original owner but couldn't find too much except that they were probably Irish.

Comments

1. senor_trunk senor_trunk, 4 years ago
    do you find most of your trunks at estate sales, auctions or do people contact you?
  2. TrunkerMarvin TrunkerMarvin, 4 years ago
    Anywhere I can! I've bought very few from people contacting me. It's been mostly a lot of hunting around flea markets, estate sales, auctions, shows, shops, etc. Keep in mind I've been collecting for 40 years and it's very hard to find some of these trunks especially in this condition. Thanks
  3. marcobabe13 marcobabe13, 4 years ago
    I've been looking at your trunks and I love all of them! It makes me want to immediately go to the nearest antique store and buy one. I'm not knowledgeable like you, however, so I would probably get suckered into paying too much! I'm learning a lot from your posts, however. Thanks.
  4. TrunkerMarvin TrunkerMarvin, 4 years ago
    Thanks for your comments. I love some of your items too, especially the early tintype of your great grandfather. That's great to have something like that! Marvin, ThisOldTrunk.com
  5. codydogg, 3 years ago
    THIS is in mint condition!! I LOVE IT-good for you-Its so nice-If you didnt tell me--I would of thought it was a new 1--or a great recon'"! its really nice --40 years--you deserve a few more like that//or close!! thay are not easy to find!!happy hunting!
  6. hotkitties, 3 years ago
    Isn't this a childs trunk, thus the child-like pictures in picture 3?