Klaus Breit Jug for Wiesenthalhuette

In Art Glass > Scandinavian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Scandinavian Art Glass736 of 922TULPPAANI vases, Tamara Aladin (Riihimäki lasi Oy, 1971)BOLERO KYNTTILÄN - JALKA Tapio Wirkkala (circa 1960)

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
aeonaeon likes this.
momarkmomark loves this.
SisuSisu likes this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
GlasswareGuyGlasswareGuy loves this.
austrohungaroaustrohungaro loves this.

cobaltcobold

This is one of the earliest designs of Klaus Breit after he entered in the enterprise of his father and convinced him to make consumer glass. It's a jug, 23 cm high, designed in 1957 and figuring in the first catalogue of Wiesenthalhuette in 1959/60, Model No. 2002 (see picture frome the catalogue). It's clearly inspired by Scandinavian design. It also exists in red. The cup is in teak wood and cork.

Comments

1. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    This one is absolutely beautiful!!! h, I'd love to get ne just like this. I'm really loving your collection!!!
  2. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    Mmmm... I just got a red one LOL :) I simply couldn't resist it.

I love the fact of already having three red Klaus Breit jugs! :)
  3. cobaltcobold cobaltcobold, 2 years ago
    @austrohungaro You are immoderate! Three of them, but there only two different colors, am I right?
  4. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    haha! I didn't mean three jugs of this kind, but this one in red plus the other two you know from 1957 and 1968 (this ones: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/44940-3-jugs-designed-by-h-h-engler-and-klaus?in=user) :)

Oh, and I got a set of 6 matching glasses (in 6 different colours) for the 1957 jug!!! I will upload the pictures as soon as I get them :)

I guess there's only the two colours you mentioned... you're the Wiesenhalhütte expert! LOL
  5. GlasswareGuy GlasswareGuy, 2 years ago
    I'd kill for this jug (with or without cork)
    It was available in K (Kristall), GRT (Granat), Olive (O), Montan (MO) and Tundra (T)
  6. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    Mmmm.. what did they undesrtand as Montan and Tundra colours at WH??? I am guessing Tundra is this bluish-grey or greyish-blue... Montan should be purple then?
  7. GlasswareGuy GlasswareGuy, 2 years ago
    K = clear
    GRT = red
    O = dark green
    MO = blue grey (but it looks purple in the WH catalogue)
    T = brighter version of olive green
  8. vlkma238412 vlkma238412, 2 years ago
    glasswareguy i think there is a clear one on ebay.de
  9. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    two of them in fact, but just a cork instead of the teak stopper
  10. GlasswareGuy GlasswareGuy, 2 years ago
    Like I already told Alejandro, I'm not a big fan of clear glass.
    I just love a bit of colour. ;-)
  11. cobaltcobold cobaltcobold, 2 years ago
    @austrohungaro @GlasswareGuy. I have the same predilections. There are not so many clear glass items that I love. The jugs are too expensive, The teak stopper is missing. And the price is rather high, isn't it?
  12. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    It may be the cork is a original one... I got a Karl Breit jug with a cork -I think from the early 70s- but it still doesn't look theright thing in this case. By the way, didn't they also have glass stoppers for these jugs?

Clear glass is a tiny part of my collection. I always think twice about buying a clear glass piece.
  13. SEAN68 SEAN68, 9 months ago