Posted 2 years ago
Ball Band Rubber Boots were first manufactured in 1898, and the wonderful boot trademark with a red ball on the boot was registered as the official logo in 1901. The company was Mishawaka Rubbers, and a pair ofcirca 1935 rubber boots manufactured just like the one of the sign belong to the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Museum Costume Collection at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, they were added to the collection in 2004. Mishawaka Rubber & Woolen Company, in Mishawaka Indiana, operated from 1874 to 1969.
Tin Sign circa 1900 24" x 9" Collection Jim Linderman / Dull Tool Dim Bulb