Old Carib maps

In Posters and Prints > Show & Tell and Paper > Maps > Show & Tell.
Posters and Prints609 of 1867Flight training posters? age? value?Thurston and Theo. Bamberg (Okito)

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
robinjrobinj loves this.
MattyGMattyG loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

blunderbuss2

Friend found these in an old building here in St. Maarten after a hurricane. I sent most to a friend in the U.K. & he said he sold them. Come to think of it, he never gave me anything! Well I saved these & may have a few more around. The last is of Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas (USVI).
Sorry about the glare but tried every angle & lighting & couldn't eliminate the glare without taking out of the frames.
Here again, CW doesn't seem to have a cat. for my "stuff".

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    You sure are easy to please. You bring the venison down & I'll make the Sloppy Doe chili while you dig this small patch of "donkey grass" out of the yard.
  2. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    blunderbuss2, Lucas, Honky,well can't remember the rest of them right now, lol. It's Bambi season here in the mid-west, need a copy of the "Sloppy Doe" receipe. :-)
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Kerry, I'm old & not so good at computers. I sent that recipe once but got a 'failed" notice. Give me you mail address & I know how to scan & send that way, OK.
  4. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    these are always fun items to have -- love to look at old maps -- my how things change for us ole farts
  5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    They are fun epson & the distortions is sizes of places.
  6. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    hi again blunderbuss2 -- i have to ask -- is that posting on inky's site really a powder flask or are you two just jerking us around -- lol
  7. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    epson, I guess I'll just have to come out & tell you. Yes, it is a running joke. Now, want to buy a bridge?
  8. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    no i bought the london bridge in arizona -- looking for some swamp property in florida next -- still searching for that elephant that might use that powder flask however -- have a great day and thanks for the smiles you bring our way