THE BEAUTY OF ANTIQUE DIAMOND JEWELS

In Fine Jewelry > Georgian Period Jewelry > Show & Tell and Victorian Era > Show & Tell.
Georgian Period Jewelry36 of 66Charming vermeil Biedermeier necklace and earringsFede Gimmel Ring

Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
pawispawis loves this.
chinabluechinablue loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Agram.m

They are so beautiful. Here you see jewels with both table cut as rose cut diamonds. These jewels are not all created in the same period but all antiques. The Croix a la Jeanette (pendant) estimated from 1770/1780 with table cut diamonds in 18 k rose gold and silver. Earrings and brooch are Victorian. Also in rose gold and both with rose cut diamonds.
The brooch has a has the form of a branche with leaves and flower.
Sometimes I have the idea that this kind of beautiful gold diamond jewelry are undervalued. But they are magnificient as you can see here especially in (candle) light as was normal in the past.

Comments

1. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    AR8Jason thanks for loving
  2. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Hello PhilDavidAlexanderMorris thanks you very much for loving my jewels!
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    vetraio50 thanks for loving.
  4. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 1 year ago
    Stunning pendant!!! Most beautiful, all!
  5. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    As always MikkoChristmas11 thanks for loving
  6. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Chinablue thanks for loving
  7. chinablue chinablue, 1 year ago
    Very lovely pieces! I can never look at these old pieces without thinking of their creators and previous owners. For me, modern pieces pale in comparison. Their history is what makes these pieces so appealing. Thanks for sharing them! :-)
  8. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    chinablue, what nice words, I totally agree and I also always think of the patience and time the creators spend in making them. Thanks for loving!
  9. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Pawis thanks for loving.
  10. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Thanks for loving inky.
  11. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    MattyG thanks for loving
  12. chinablue chinablue, 1 year ago
    You're very welcome, Agram.m. :-)
  13. comptoir-des-dentelles comptoir-des-dentelles, 1 year ago
    Those antique "croix jeannette" were glittering at a rich high neck .Dressed with their sunday best,how proud those married woman were, to show there wealth .
    Antique jewels are a little bit underevaluate and are in "danger". When I come acroos those "sale your gold" I imagine so many things sale for the weigh.....ahhh
    You "cross" is probably coming for the Arles aera.Provencal art was rich and Arlesiennes too
  14. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    comptoir-des-dentelles thanks for your interesting viewpoint on my Croix de la Jeanette. I didn't know that this pendant is probably from Arles and so what today have learned from. My thanks for this. It is always very interesting to learn from fellow collectors. Hope on your comment on another jewel in the future!
  15. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    vintagejewel thanks for loving.
  16. cindyjune cindyjune, 1 year ago
    Agram, you have such a beautiful collection. Just when I think I have seen the best you post something like these diamonds. Thanks so much!
  17. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    cindyjune thanks for your nice compliment I'm glad to share my pieces with you and the other collectorsas I always enjoy seeing beautiful jewels from others, have a nice day!
  18. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Agram.m, you do have the best pieces...cheers to you!!!
  19. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    This jewel I admired in the Pforzheim Schmuckmuseum, the only jewelry museum in the world. It's a so called Croix de la Jeanette (France-Belgium) and it's made of rose gold and silver and table cut diamonds. It was made in the end of the 18th century and from example I'm the lucky owner. I can advise to visit this museum and you can read more about it in the article I wrote about my visit:
  20. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Moonstonelover21 you too! Thanks for loving. We are both passionate collectors but in addition you are also a professional jeweler.
  21. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Agram.m, I am merely a collector of jewels and also try to pay for my hobby by selling for a Jewelry Store. The pieces I list are merely my treasure trove of hoarding :0 I can only wish in my next lifetime that I am indeed a Jeweler!
    May I add that you probably know way more about Antique Jewelry than I ever will! And I would need to rob a bank to catch up with yours!!!!! Thank you for sharing :))
  22. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Vintagemad thanks for your attention and loving