Anyone know about this one

In Clocks > Seth Thomas Clocks > Show & Tell.
Seth Thomas Clocks34 of 154Seth Thomas clocksAdamantine

kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 likes this.
Bruce99Bruce99 likes this.

Cssndr19
(1 item)

This Seth Thomas clock was made in thomastown, but beyond that I can't seem to drum up much information about its age or anything. Does anyone on here have any information?

Comments

1. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    It looks like you may have one of the 30-hour Ogee clocks but I can't see enough of the clock case, or movement detail in order to be sure. Could you post a few more, well lit photos of the entire case and movement?
  2. Cssndr19, 2 years ago
    I just posted new pics to this post. Hopefully you can see better. Let me know. Thanks
  3. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    It's a weight driven Ogee with an hour strike and alarm movement. You can read more about Seth Thomas Clocks (Ogee and other models) at http://www.collectorsweekly.com/clocks/seth-thomas.

What are the case measurements? Does it run? If so, how often do you need to rewind it.
  4. Cssndr19, 2 years ago
    Thank you so much! The measurements are 15 1/2 wide 25 inches tall. I know that my grandfather had it running years ago and had given it to my aunt. Upon her death we received the clock back some years ago, but have not attempted to get it running again. We have the weights and everything appears to be intact, so I am sure that it would run. I plan on having it serviced, once I find someplace that can do it.
  5. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    Again, it's hard to be certain without seeing more of the clock case, but I would venture a guess that you have an O.G. (or Ogee) circa 1900 (plus or minus 10). The one-day movement's case measures 25 inches with a 7 1/2 inch dial. It came both with and without an alarm. The more you show us, the more certain we can be for you. From what I can see, it looks like you have a very nice, well cared for example. I hope your family enjoys it for many generations to come. Thanks for sharing it with us.