Anyone know about this odd chair?

In Furniture > Chairs > Show & Tell.
Chairs476 of 1160Bassett chairLavender and plum chair

cindyjunecindyjune loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.

pastor48
(1 item)

This is a piece I will be restoring. The owner remembers it being lacquered with velvet upholstery. There is a carved face in the headboard that bears a resemblance to Thomas Jefferson. If you've seen something like it, please let me know.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Celiene Celiene, 2 years ago
    Does it DO anything? Does it have any moving parts? It just looks like a chair for a big-bottomed person! Can you take additional (and better lit) pictures? Give a better description?
  2. pastor48, 2 years ago
    I've only seen pictures to date. When I get the real thing I'll post a better pic. It's really an odd chair.
  3. Boattail71 Boattail71, 2 years ago
    Hunzinger made fantastical chairs some of which had similar qualities to this one. http://hunzinger.blogspot.com If it is a Hunzinger, you got a real find.
  4. pastor48, 2 years ago
    Thanks Boattail71. The woman who owns the chairs has been looking for years to know something about them. A little searching located a pic of the exact chair. When I restore them I now know where to start looking for ideas. BTW the pair of chairs we found online (in pristine condition) sold for $7500. Thanks again.
  5. Boattail71 Boattail71, 2 years ago
    Wow! You found a pic of the same chair! What else do you know? Do you know the maker? Age? Do tell. And post more pix if you can.
  6. pastor48, 1 year ago
    I finished the two chairs. They look like Hunzinger although they are not signed as he did with at least some of his furniture. I will post a picture of the finished product if I can determine how to post it. Thanks again to Boattail71 for pointing me in the right direction.