What mark is this?

In China and Dinnerware > Show & Tell.
China and Dinnerware1006 of 2394A lovely big smith & tyers old bottle for (beer or ale??) LONDON My favorite pitcher

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
CaitcollectsthingsCaitcollectsthings loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
peteypetey loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

freiheit

This is one of the very few piece I was able to save before leaving East-Germany. It was my grandmother's and the the story goes that she bought it in a jewelry store. I just don't know when. It must have been around the 1950's.

Comments

1. Poop Poop, 1 year ago
    The crown suggest it could be British but dont hold me against that because i could be wrong lol
  2. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Well, it is a start. Thanks a lot, Poop.
  3. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks anyway, Mustangtony. I didn't even know that there is such a website for porcelain marks. Most of my porcelain is German: Schuman, Graf von Henneberg, Weimar.... They are easy to find - but with this one I don't know where to start.
  4. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Limbach makes sense to me. It is part of the general area my grandmother lived in. I'll try to look it up and let know if I am successful. Thanks again :)
  5. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    When I searched yahoo china with crown and cursive L it brought up ludswigsburg of wurttemberg. 1793-1796. Check it out sculpture.com. Crown and L both on example.
  6. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Does look a little difference.
  7. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks mustangtony and nldionne. I checked Limbach and the website I used showed a different L. I will try scupture.com now. :)
  8. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Yes, you are right. It does look a bit different. I have a small vase that goes with this piece and I just check it but it has the same mark; just the number is different. I guess the mystery hasn't been solved yet. Thanks for all your help. :)
  9. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    I found a site when I searched ludswigsburg imitators on yahoo search called skynet.be I think your mark is beside a maker called kitten. Same crown same cursive l (pretty sure)
  10. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks, nldionne. I'll check it tomorrow.
  11. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Sorry maker is litten not kitten, autocheck was kind enough to change it for me.
  12. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago