My Grandad's beautiful clock housing

In Clocks > Mantel Clocks > Show & Tell and Art Pottery > Show & Tell.
Mantel Clocks85 of 331Walthamflower color clock

maryh1956maryh1956 loves this.
PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

stigofthed…

Hi, I'd love to know more bout this clock housing as it's been in our family for a long time. I can't clearly make out the makers mark, but it looks like a 'C' coupled with another letter/symbol.
It needs a good pro cleaning, but when i wipe it with a damp cloth, the blue just sings out! It's so deep and lustrous, after all these years.
I thought maybe french, going on the flowery design, but maybe English?
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Great site too!
Thanks all

Comments

1. Bruce99 Bruce99, 1 year ago
    I would suggest that you add a second category of "Art Pottery" to your listing. Perhaps someone over there might recognize the signature/mark. It's possible that someone here may recognize the case, but there is precious little to go on in the way of "clocks". Beautiful porcelain work. Thanks for sharing it.
  2. maryh1956 maryh1956, 1 year ago
    Aso switch your pics around so the pic of the front of the clock shows first.
  3. stigofthedump, 1 year ago
    Thanks for comments guys, first time poster here :P
  4. delbottic, 12 months ago
    this clock is a warwick clock 16 14 12 or 11 inches high made in 1920 to 1930s by mr hardy and son from nottingham for the beswick company as beswick was snowed under with orders and hardys produced about 40 of there designs
  5. stigofthedump, 12 months ago
    Thanks for your feedback delbottic. I should have put the measurements up in my original post, as it is in fact 20inches tall and 17inches wide at the base. This maybe throws a spanner in the works as far as positive ID goes? I don't know. Any further thoughts would be appreciated.
  6. delbottic, 11 months ago
    staffordshire potteries then if its 20 inches high its not beswick but looks same