Share your favorites on Show & Tell

My favorite articulated clockwork tractor unit.

In Toys > Tin Toys > Show & Tell and Model Cars > Model Tractors > Show & Tell.
Model Tractors119 of 230Vintage John Deere Toy TractorChuk-Chuk Tractor (die-cast metal)
Love it
Like it

Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
tintinmantintinman loves this.
RonMRonM loves this.
AzTomAzTom loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
See 7 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 9 years ago

    (3 items)

    Would any of you out there know what this tractor unit used to pull,
    and or its history.
    i think it may be 40s or 50s ?
    I bought it in southern England at a toy fayre about 24 years ago.
    It would be great to see the complete item,
    ive always liked its character colour and style.
    Its clockwork and works fine.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    Tin Toys
    See all
    Pop Pop Putt Putt Tin Boat Candle Powered Boat Live Steam Tugboat
    Pop Pop Putt Putt Tin Boat Candle P...
    Classic Tin KALEIDOSCOPE Toy
    Classic Tin KALEIDOSCOPE Toy...
    Vintage Taniguchi Shoten Tinplate Litho Friction King Jet Space Car Toy, Japan
    Vintage Taniguchi Shoten Tinplate L...
    Pop Pop Putt Putt Tin Boat Candle Powered Boat Live Steam Tugboat
    Pop Pop Putt Putt Tin Boat Candle P...
    See all


    1. AzTom AzTom, 9 years ago
      Welcome to CW.
      Nice tractor. I have collected farm toys for 45+ years and have not seen this one.
      First, it is not an articulated tractor. As for what went with it, Any farm implement like a plow, disc, planter or spreader to name a few. There may have never been any of the implements even made by this company.
      Either way it would have been an accessory so not having it will not hurt the tractors value.

      Are there any marking on the bottom or tires?
    2. tintinman tintinman, 9 years ago
      Hello AzTom, thank you for your Email and warm welcome.
      I agree , its not a articulated tractor, its an articulated lorry !
      In the US i believe you would call it a truck and trailer or ( Semi ) but here in the UK we would call it a Articulated lorry or ( Artic ) for short. The front half which you can see in the photo we often call the Tractor unit or lorry and it would be coupled to a trailer. It is a road haulage vehicle not a farm vehicle.
      It may have pulled a flat bed or covered /box trailer, or may even have been a tanker. I would love to see what it was, or better still own it. There is a marking on the bottom but because of age i can not make it out. Should i ever find out i will be sure to let you know. Nice talking with you AzTom,
      kind regards Barry.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.