Antique Wooden Duck Decoys?

In Folk Art > Duck Decoys > Show & Tell.
Duck Decoys51 of 123Wooden Duck DecoyHelp identify

CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
JewelsJewels loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
    NULL

whitman75

Hi guys just got these and was hoping to find any info you could share with me on these 2 ducks. Both are made of wood and appear to be Vintage at least. Was hoping to find Maker , duck type or era they are from. I was told the thinner of the 2 was likely a Mason. Neither are in great shape and the larger one appears to have original weight but secured with a modern screw.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. scottvez scottvez, 4 years ago
    Agree both are REAL decoys. The paint actually looks fairly good. Sorry I cannot be of help in determining maker.

scott
  2. whitman75 whitman75, 4 years ago
    I have had one expert so far tell me they are Drake Bluebill decoys likely from the Northeast other than that not much.
  3. solver solver, 4 years ago
    whitman75, a long time ago, on another board, a highly-respected board member gave a poster the name of the leading decoy auction house who is well-respected and trustworthy. Happily for that poster, he owned a real jewel.

The auction house is Guyette & Deeter, the leading decoy auction house, and they do FREE appraisals from a photo. Here is the page with the instructions and contact information:

Here is the catalog for their November 11-13, 2014 auction. It took me some time to figure out, but you advance each page by clicking anywhere on the right side of the screen.

Good luck!

4. whitman75 whitman75, 4 years ago
    Silver thank you very much for the information I actually emailed them an hour before you posted and just noticed it I hope to hear from them and hope to get good news u never know. Thanks
  5. Karenoke Karenoke, 2 years ago
    So happy I looked at this posting. As I just posted one myself, but mine has been turned into a lamp. But I plan to use the info that was shared with you, thanks!
    And I hope these turned out to be real jewels for you!