Share your favorites on Show & Tell

My New Rookwood

In Pottery > Rookwood Art Pottery > Show & Tell.
Rookwood Art Pottery19 of 59Cobalt Blue Vase - Rookwood - at a junk shop!Rookwood Pottery 1927 Art Deco Nude Paperweight
Love it
Like it

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
auraaura loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 6 years ago

    (10 items)

    I'm so thrilled with my new Rookwood vase, that I bought on eBay! It was made in 1940, is 5.75 inches tall. and is aqua. It's very shiny, and has one of the very most amazing glazes I ever saw! I'm sorry the first photo is sideways. It's followed by a close-up of the glaze on its side, and at the top. I just love it so much, I thought I'd share it with you!

    Rookwood Art Pottery
    See all
    Vintage Rookwood Art Pottery 1910 Blue Vellum Floral Vase 925E (Diers)
    Vintage Rookwood Art Pottery 1910 B...
    Antique Rookwood Dragonfly Art Pottery Vase Matte Glaze Arts & Craft #1894
    Antique Rookwood Dragonfly Art Pott...
    rookwood american art pottery vase
    rookwood american art pottery vase...
    Vintage Rookwood Art Pottery 1910 Blue Vellum Floral Vase 925E (Diers)
    Vintage Rookwood Art Pottery 1910 B...
    See all


    1. EmmaPeel, 5 years ago
      I have posted a photo of its bottom in a new post, called "My New Rookwood, continued". That was the only way I could think of! What do you think?
    2. vetraio50 vetraio50, 5 years ago
      You should be able to post four photos.

      Here's how I would do it.
      1. Remove one of these photos.
      2. Post it with just two.
      3. Then edit the post and you should have the opportunity to post another two.
      4. Job done.

      Just remember to save your photos and have them ready to go.
    3. EmmaPeel, 5 years ago
      Thank you! It's a long story, but I went through a long process with my photo-attaching method today, and there were other complications. Actually, I didn't make myself very clear--I was asking olebodie if they saw what they wanted on the new photo. I don't really know what they wanted to see the bottom for. I wish everybody could really see the 3-D effect of this glaze! It is totally, glassy smooth, but it really looks like it is crinkled or rippled!
    4. EmmaPeel, 5 years ago
      I looked for similar glazes online today, and got some info! This type of glaze is called "curdled". (An ugly name for a pretty glaze, IMO!) There are 2 other Rookwood vases on eBay today with curdled glazes. The oldest one was from 1913, so they used it for at least 27 years. There were only 7 ceramics with curdled glazes on Just Art Pottery today, and as you may know, they have a TON of pottery! And of those 7, none were by Rookwood. So, it seems curdled glazes are kind of rare! Until today, mine was the only one I ever saw.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.