Share your favorites on Show & Tell

some kind of viewer?

In Electronics > Show & Tell and Cameras > Camera Accessories > Show & Tell.
AnythingObsc…'s likes10 of 17What is this sofa ?Fiesta - Help me identify
Love it
Like it

officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure likes this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
GeodeJemGeodeJem likes this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
See 4 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 9 months ago


(1 item)

I found this at a flea market awhile back. The aesthetic feel's 40's or 50's.
The light source doesn't seem strong enough to project but is fine for viewing. It doesn't seem mass produced and the workmanship is very good. It has a carrier that slides inside that seems like it should hold a transparency or negative like a photo enlarger. The lens is very thick.I'[ve asked and shown to many-our consensus is some kind of viewer. There are no markings or branding on the housing and the wood appears to be mahogany. Possibly, maritime? I live in Seattle, so there are always maritime pieces floating around.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. GeodeJem GeodeJem, 9 months ago
    Its a slide viewer, photographic slides.
  2. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 9 months ago
    Could it be for viewing some sort of laboratory/scientific slides? (as, to me, the 'carrier' part doesn't look quite large enough to hold typical photographic slides I'm familiar with...?)
  3. KPR, 9 months ago
    It's actually much bigger than a typical 35mm slide. And the the housing and metal don't seem like lab equipment. Usually lab equipment is enameled or powdercoated the make it easy to sterilize. This feesl more like photo equipment or perhaps for viewing negatives from recon photographs. Anyone with military experience in this area have an opinion?

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.