Coca-cola crate

In Coca-Cola > Show & Tell.
Coke3369 of 3949Sign from father's store! Antique coca cola ice chest

TreyTrey loves this.
dustydusty loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.

tommy1002

One of my favorite case carriers. Stamped inside " Baker Box Co -1937- Worchester Mass - makers of good boxes since 1---" I can't make out the date.

logo
    Coke
    1924 Dodge Brothers 392 Hemi 3 Window Custom Frame, Interior & MORE 1924 Dodge Brothers 392 Hemi V8 700R 3 Window Coupe w Matching Coke Trailer
    1924 Dodge Brothers 392 Hemi 3 Wind...
    $25,000
    Seiko Godzilla Kanagawa Wave Coke Day Date Automatic Divers Watch Custom SKX009
    Seiko Godzilla Kanagawa Wave Coke D...
    $66
    Coca cola Bottle Coke Die Cut Embossed Premium Metal Tin Sign Vintage Garage 35"
    Coca cola Bottle Coke Die Cut Embos...
    $40
    Very RARE 1950s COCA-COLA "Ice Cold" Metal FLANGE SIGN....NOS & NICE!
    Very RARE 1950s COCA-COLA "Ice ...
    $610
    logo
    1924 Dodge Brothers 392 Hemi 3 Wind...
    $25,000

Comments

1. cocacolakid97 cocacolakid97, 10 years ago
      I would guess this is one of the earier carriers, becasue if you look at the "O" in "Coca" it has a line sticking out from it. Very nice shape too, probably dates before 1910.
    2. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Thanks c-ckid, I had to have it once I saw it. Was in a local antique shop behind a stack of books.
    3. cocacolakid97 cocacolakid97, 10 years ago
      May I ask how much you paid?
    4. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      I paid $30 for it. It is in great shape, just a little faded on the ends. The dealer said it was out of an estate sale.

5. Cocacolakid97, 10 years ago
      Good deal, it may be worth 100 dollars+, I think.

6. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Cool, it sits in my livingroom (holding knick-knacks for my girlfriend hehehe) growing older and more valuable everyday, I hope !!!
    7. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Thank you offficialfuel !!
    8. earlycoke earlycoke, 10 years ago
      Your crate does date to the 1910-16 timeframe. That makes it interesting because they might have held the early hutch bottles. I have seen another one like this recently from Massachusetts. All coke hutches with a city designation seem to come from either, Alabama, Tennessee, or Georgia. I know of none from the north eastern states. That opens up the possibilility of some unknown bottles out there somewhere! Are there dividers in the box? If so do they go all the way to the top? Nice early item. I like it a lot.
    9. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Thank you early coke. There are no dividers in it, It is stamped 1937 though in the center of the maker's mark , is it the date or a part number?? I'll have to see if i can get a better picture of the stamp.
    10. cocacola, 10 years ago
      That is definitely before 1937, I agree with earlycoke that it is pre 1915
    11. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Thank you guys, I appreciate the info
    12. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Thanks pickr
    13. tommy1002 tommy1002, 10 years ago
      Thanks for the love dusty!!
    14. tommy1002 tommy1002, 9 years ago
      Thank you again adkmetalman!!