Bakelite piece made into a ring

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Rings > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Bakelite Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Rings8 of 238GemstoneMystery Ring

MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
auraaura loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Elisabethan

Found this at an antique shop. It is a carved dark brown bakelite piece, probably a button, recently made into a ring. It is a huge piece of bakelite on my little hand so I will probably not keep it for long. I think it is cool and very retro looking. The bakelite is 4,5 cm in diameter.

logo
    Costume Rings
    Vintage Style Antiqued Bronze Oval Mood Ring Size 8 Solid Band
    Vintage Style Antiqued Bronze Oval ...
    $15
    SILPADA ESTATE 925 STERLING SILVER HUGE BIG CHUNKY RING
    SILPADA ESTATE 925 STERLING SILVER ...
    $18
    Vintage Oval Silver Plated Mood Ring Size 7 with Color Chart And Gift Bag
    Vintage Oval Silver Plated Mood Rin...
    $16
    White Pearl Opal Uranium Vaseline Glass Silver Tone Adjustable Ring WHITE!!!!
    White Pearl Opal Uranium Vaseline G...
    $35
    logo
    Vintage Style Antiqued Bronze Oval Mood Ring Size 8 Solid Band
    Vintage Style Antiqued Bronze Oval ...
    $15

Comments

1. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 1 year ago
      It IS very cool indeed but also strikes me as too big for a ring...perhaps it could be re-re-modified to make a fun pendant instead??
    2. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      AnythingObscure you are right. That is a great idea and that way I get to keep it since it is a rule I have for myself and my collection. I have to be able to wear the stuff :)
    3. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you AnythingObscure!
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
      Elisabeth - as you know this large bakelite button would have been a coat button. It's very fun - but I agree, too big for a ring. It would be better as a brooch. Thanks for sharing - I have a lot of this size buttons too. XOXO
    5. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      Mary knows her Bakelite!
      A brooch or pendant are wonderful ideas. Against a white or light beige sweater, this would glow!
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Yes I know Mary :) and I agree it needs to be altered. Easier to make it a brooch than pendant. We'll see. Maybe that way I don't have to part with it :)
    7. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thanks Ms.ChrystalShip it would look great. I will have to do something :)
    8. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 1 year ago
      :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    9. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Yes you said it first AnythingObscure and I get to keep it :)))
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
      For now, wear it as a ring if you want to. Why not? Are you going out? I would love to get dressed up again and go out, hang out with friends, hear live music.....LOL
    11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      No I think it looks weird, too big. No I am not going out! All I do is go to work - because I have to - and then I go home. But still that doesn't mean I can't plan for a future without corona. In fact it is away to stay mentaly sane.
    12. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      And yes I am happy to work :) and I realized I do two more thing - walks in the forest and trips to small shops with no people. Those are my ways to battle this time and some jewelry online shoping on top of that :)