Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Printing Press Letters

In Office > Printing Equipment > Show & Tell.
Office Antiques1531 of 1590BIG OLE PRESSStore Display
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

Printing press letters. I have approx. 900 in all different styles and sizes, but most are just standard block text and easy to describe. This one is one that i am not quite sure how to explain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Bootson Bootson, 6 years ago
    Looks like old wood block "display type". It is a condensed type face but I don't know the name of it, but if you find a graphic designer that works with type all the time, they should be able to help you out.
  2. benjclark benjclark, 6 years ago
    Most of the wood type that still exists in the US was made by Hamilton. There is now a fabulous Hamilton Wood Type Museum, get in touch with them:

    PLEASE DO NOT USE FOR CRAFTING! It breaks my heart when I see perfectly good antique wood type chopped up and used in horrid crafter signs, etc. Wood type is a very practical tool, still used by letterpress printers, and is FINITE. No one makes it any longer. Letterpress printers buy to preserve and use.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.