Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Cast and tooled machine piece

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware8501 of 9602Harness rosettevery very small knifes
Love it
Like it

SEAN68SEAN68 loves this.
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 10 years ago

    (66 items)

    Does anyone know what this might be? It is partly cast and machined of either copper or brass. The letters on the yoke read: Pat. Dec 29-25, and the words on the round pad say; Sherwood Detroit. Is it something I should hold on to or not?

    Mystery Solved
    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    15" Valley Pro AMERICAN HICKORY Woo...
    Cast Iron Door Plate With Acrylic/Glass Knob In Antique Turquoise/Teal Accent
    Cast Iron Door Plate With Acrylic/G...
    6 Solid Brass VERY SMALL Stacking Barrister Bookcase 7/16
    6 Solid Brass VERY SMALL Stacking B...
    Brass Cabinet Latch Antique Furniture Latch Victorian Eastlake Cabinet Latch
    Brass Cabinet Latch Antique Furnitu...
    15" Valley Pro AMERICAN HICKORY Woo...
    See all


    1. TRIKER TRIKER, 10 years ago
      Kind of looks like part of a float valve. Looks like the rod that would have had a float on the end is broken off. It would have pivoted and moved the round piece in and out of a valve body. Maybe and O ring in the groove. And it looks like the tapered end would have seated and shut off the flow. The adjustment screw would have limited the travel. Maybe for flow controll.
      My best guess.
    2. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 10 years ago
      The Sherwood I can find made Marine Pumps and equipment so suspect this is part of one of those pumps........
    3. mrmajestic1 mrmajestic1, 10 years ago
      I agree with both of you, Triker and Pop. It is such a mundane piece that I guess I really didn't expect any response. Just goes to show what a great site this is!
      Thank you much!

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.