Share your favorites on Show & Tell

galvanized Railroad related water cans

In Railroadiana > Show & Tell and Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware5087 of 6367J.C. Higgins Shotgun Cleaning Kit No. 2140got me a set of shafts
Love it
Like it

mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(186 items)

These are old warering cans used by the railroad , again , diggin in the garage. Maybe a poor memory can be a good thing, its almost like goin to the flee-market & not having to bring your wallet!


  1. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 5 years ago
    Are you sure those are RR? Standard oil used one just like photo #2 in bulk trucks
  2. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 5 years ago
    you could be right, ive had these so long i cant remember if they came from our bulk plant or from one of the railroad items from back when. Could even be the R.R. used these in there bulk trucks. I really kinda thought the one in pict.#1 was possibly a fuel cont. With the large output spout, seems like filling one of these 5 gal. cans would take longer than emptying one.
  3. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 5 years ago
    Thanks gargoyle , officialfuel & mrmajestic 1 for your time.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.