Meridian Store Display

In Advertising > Store Displays > Show & Tell and Mens Clothing > Show & Tell.
Store Displays174 of 188Adams Chiclets For A Penny Countertop Display At CheckoutSherer Seed Cabinet/Counter

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad likes this.
Savoychina1Savoychina1 loves this.

KitschKat

I bought this from a local shop about 20 years ago. It's made of some sort of heavy plaster, perhaps? It's roughly 24" high with great color and fine detail. I found out a little bit about the company that manufactured these men's undergarments, but I've never seen any of their advertising. I thought that perhaps this was some sort of reproduction, but since I bought it so long ago, maybe it's the real deal.

Does anyone know about this piece? Idea on age? It looks like 1940's or 1930's? Any idea on value?

Thank you!

Comments

1. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    here are some of their print ads. The question is how did that piece get over here?

2. KitschKat KitschKat, 4 years ago
    Thank you for the link! I've never seen any of their print advertising. From one of the ad styles that seems to match my display, I'd put the age back to about 1920's? When I did some research on Meridien a few years ago, I found info on a company that was based in the USA. Now I'm wondering if I was off base and they were a UK company? Hmm..must investigate further.
  3. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    I suppose it is possible that they had a U.S. based subsidiary. Everything I found indicated U.K. It is still incredible...red shoes ? who knew ?
  4. jackofalltrades, 4 years ago
    Nerd chills anyone ?
  5. KitschKat KitschKat, 4 years ago
    Those are fancy red slippers of course. LOL!
  6. vanskyock24 vanskyock24, 2 years ago
    love it kit
  7. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Meridian, Slumberwear, underwear and bathingwear.
    Manufactured in Nottingham by J. B. Lewis and Sons.
    Cool Kat!