Circa 1925 Original Monkey Bank

In Coin Operated > Mechanical Banks > Show & Tell.
Mechanical Banks31 of 40Clown BankSpace Race Era Mechanical Toy Banks

Shawnl86Shawnl86 loves this.
jsquigjsquig loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.
bahamaboybahamaboy likes this.
Pop_abidesPop_abides likes this.

electobacco

There are many reproductions of this item, but this is an original Hubley Monkey Bank circa 1925. It is cast iron. It is also one of the harder ones to find from what I know.

You put a coin in the monkey's mouth and it jumps up and deposits the coin in the organ grinder. The spring does shoot a bit strong so it is hard to get it in there. I am sure there is a way to fix it. There is also a panel missing on the bottom to hold the money in and a key to lock and open it. The paint though is all original on it.

I thought some of you would enjoy this with it being a unique item. Thank you for looking my friends and have a great day! : )

Comments

1. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 3 years ago
    Nice thing maybe someone on here can help you find the parts and tell you how to fix it.. I like it.....
  2. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Yeah Pop. Maybe so. Thank you Pop and Ebayman for enjoying this post....
  3. kerry10456 kerry10456, 3 years ago
    Nice , love it
  4. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thank you so much kerry for the love and the post. Have a great night my friend! : )
  5. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thanks for enjoying this bahama....peace....
  6. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Good to see you back ttom. You liking this item is appreciated. jsquig I also appreciate you showin some love on this one. Have a good night gang....
  7. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 3 years ago
    Haha Gotta Love these Old Mechanical Banks! This ones Great!
  8. mark mark, 3 years ago

Site showing hundreds of banks and value
  9. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Mark I really appreciate the information that you provided me with the link. Thank you so much. Shawn they are pretty awesome huh! : ) js, shawn, mark, yardsale, chevy and official thank you so much for showing your appreciation for this item. official there you go flip floppin on me again...... : )
  10. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thanks Stihl!! Have an awesome one!! : )
  11. electobacco electobacco, 3 years ago
    Thank you once again youngpicker96.....
  12. Poop Poop, 1 year ago
    Ive always wanted one of these i see them rarley at antique stores and there always over priced, ohh well ahah