Lustre Art Glass Co. vase c. 1920

In Art Glass > American Art Glass > Show & Tell.
American Art Glass771 of 823Quezal Floriform Vase c. 1910Early Quezal Jack in the Pulpit c. 1905

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
smiatasmiata loves this.
dasullywondasullywon loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.
famatta127famatta127 loves this.

Conrad Vahlsing founded the company after a "falling out" with Martin Bach of the Quezal Art Glass Co. (his father-in law). Lustre Art made mostly shades but a very limited number of vases were made.
Signed : Lustre Art 13 L
9 inches high.

1. LoetzDance LoetzDance, 4 years ago
    Do you know if there is a reference available that documents the shapes for Lustre art vases?
  2. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 4 years ago
    LoetzDance : I don't think there is any such reference. There is one chapter in AMERICAN ART NOUVEAU GLASS by Revi but he only shows a shade.
  3. Alfredo Alfredo, 4 years ago
    It's a dead ringer for WMF Myra glass.
  4. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 4 years ago
    Alfredo : except WMF Myra glass is much thinner.
  5. Lynne, 4 years ago
    I have a Lustre Art Glass Company 12" vase, which I got from my grandmother many years ago. It is beautiful - green with gold pulled through and off white at the top - perfect condition. I can't seem to find out anything on the internet about the piece or the worth of Lustre Art vases. Does anyone know where I can look - or is anyone familiar with this piece? Thank you.
  6. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 4 years ago
    LYNN : The Lustre Art Glass Co. made mostly shades and not many vases. Go to Live Auctioneers and search past auctions and you will find a few.
    If you could post a photo of the vase here I will do more research.
  7. Alfredo Alfredo, 4 years ago
    And, I may point out, the foot is definitely not Myra. And Myras (except the large ones) weigh next to nothing!
  8. Lynne, 4 years ago
    I have posted pictures of the vase on show and tell. Thank you for the suggestion to look on Live Auctioneers. I went but did not see anything similar.
  9. dasullywon dasullywon, 3 years ago
    Yes, the same shape - and yours is in better condition. Same height. Thanks!
  10. JJZ JJZ, 3 years ago
    FWF, when you find the time, please post a photo showing the signature of yours for a comparison to dasullywon's example. Thanks
  11. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 years ago
    Another great vase LB, love the shape, dimensions, on this and its foot.