World War 1 Post Card from a German Soldier 1917

In Military and Wartime > World War One > Show & Tell and Postcards > Real Photo Postcards > Show & Tell.
World War One336 of 425WWI Bavarian Spiked Helmet 1914...made of METAL!!Photograph " A Great War Veteran is laid to rest" Part III

ChrisnpChrisnp loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.

papasgirl

The following is what I got from Google Translate.
I cheer prdocuziert. Only if you could pay programming night cheers me see overleaf. friends, portraeitiert. Yes, in the first world war I had not thoroughly some one shot was fired failed davongejagt.und Open Sat I's all I care! Any and rich, which bears cheeky after the war. to achieve such end schaebieges
soloch shabby end to obtain
extended
Yes: I care!

Comments

1. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 3 years ago
    Judging by the cap, he is in the Austro-Hungarian Army. If nobody beats me to it, I'll take a stab at the translation later, but he appears to be in theater. He begins “Romeo, Hamlet, Carlos & Egmont, Faust and a hundred other roles I have beifälligst produced…”
  2. papasgirl, 3 years ago
    Very nice! Thank You so much. I have a few more interesting things like this. So neat to see some great history. Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
  3. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    love it,
    That is fascinating.
  4. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 3 years ago
    Ok, I have given this translation my best shot. It's not a direct translation and I am happy to be corrected by anyone who is better at this:

"Romeo, Hamlet, Carlos & Egmont, Faust and a hundred other roles I have performed. Only once did I not receive applause. There I stand around, my friends, see my portrait. Yes, in the First World War I thoroughly failed: not a shot did I fire and the double monarchy was miserably let down and in such a way succumbed. And I openly say: On my account! Each and every country that impudently pursues war requires such a shabby ending. Yes: ON MY ACCOUNT!"
  5. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 3 years ago
    Oh, and he does write "first world war" which means this was written after the second world war started.
  6. papasgirl, 3 years ago
    Very cool! Thank you so much!