Art Deco Clock Mystery?

In Clocks > Art Deco Clocks > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Clocks138 of 3751945-55 Art Deco Nautical-themed Desktop Clock  by Tele-Vision (Pennwood)1926 Lux model 200 clock with model 387 candlesticks

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
peteeonepeteeone loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.
ticktocktime100ticktocktime100 loves this.
lisalisa loves this.
JustanoviceJustanovice loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
thisoldwatchthisoldwatch loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.

trevor432990

Hi there ... I bought this clock a few years ago and have been trying to identify it ever since so any ideas gratefully received?
I am convinced it is made by a company called Doxa who are now famous for watches but if you compare the clock advertised here http://www.antiques.tv/ID-694,art_deco_gilt_bronze_and_enamel_cased_strut_clock
with mine there are so many design similarities it seems to me it must be from the same maker. What do you think?
Just annoying they didn't put their name on mine so I could identify it.

Comments

1. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    The hands are very distinctive as are the markings on the face. I think you nailed it.
    Here is a link to another Doxa timepiece: http://p2.la-img.com/62/28203/10789996_1_x.jpg. Its movement is marked "Doxa": http://p2.la-img.com/62/28203/10789996_4_x.jpg Have you tried looking at the movement of your clock?
  2. trevor432990 trevor432990, 2 years ago
    Thanks Bruce for your comments. The clock is being serviced right now so I shall try and get a photo of the movement to see if there are any markings as you suggest and will report back.
    Another question whilst I'm here, the clock is stamped 'Metal Dore' which I understand is an alloy of precious metals and I just wondered if there is a way of valuing this metal as the clock is mighty heavy for its size?
  3. trevor432990 trevor432990, 2 years ago
    Just called the clock repairer who is doing the service and he confirms that there is a makers name of 'Brevet' on the movement which is a good start but I've asked him to check to see if the name 'Doxa' appears as well because I think the case is probably made by a different company. Won't be able to take a photo of the inside until next week now so watch this space !
  4. trevor432990 trevor432990, 2 years ago
    Oops just found out that 'Brevet' just means 'Patent' so back to square one till next week :(
  5. trevor432990 trevor432990, 2 years ago
    Got the clock back from service but still none the wiser unfortunately as he didn't take a photo of the mechanism for me. Will continue to delve and hope a reader can identify it.