John Deere fertilizer

In Advertising > Salesmans Samples > Show & Tell and Tractors > John Deere Tractors > Show & Tell.
Salesmans Samples60 of 150c. 1924 Kennebec Canoe Co. factory display model (aka 'salesman's sample')Strike a Truck Stop Match!  Sleazy Match Book Salesman Sample

dirrtydavvedirrtydavve loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

gargoyleco…

I know tractor stuff isn't real popular on here but I think these are neat,I have never seen any either!Sample bags of "Vitrea" fertilizer,and as you can see not big bags like the regular fertilizer would have came in!Both are still full and I guess you could have gave them to your wife for her garden?!Logo dates these to 1950-1956.

Comments

1. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 years ago
    Cool, I sold fertilizer for years so I look for stuff like this, I have one fertilizer sign.
  2. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks officialfuel,bellin,ejw,phil,and walksoftly!Thanks walksoftly and ejw for the great comments,and sorry walksoftly,for some reason your comments (duplicates) got deleted,this site is messing up this morning!!!!!!!!!
  3. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks brat!
  4. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks phil!
  5. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks miKKo!
  6. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks brat!
  7. philjdbrandi, 1 year ago
    Gargoyle Collector
    I would like to chat with you about these fertilizer samples. I have several John Deere fertilizer pieces. My email is live I have signed up hope you can take time to reply to me.
    Phil A.
  8. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 1 year ago
    What is your question?
  9. philjdbrandi, 1 year ago
    Are these Samples only for Urea or are their multiple blends of fertilizer? In other words is the analysis the same on all the bags you had or is there something different on one of them? On one bag I see the 45-0-0 analysis is that the same on all of them? I have only seen these one time and i do not have one in my collection. Great piece. The bag themselves actually looks like the very same material the large bags farmers bought were made out of.
  10. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 1 year ago
    Yes they are both 45-0-0,and I believe they were simply just miniature versions of the real thing.The plastic seems to be pretty heavy for it's size.I have since found 1 that sold along with a JD notepad,that was a little newer ,for $355 on e-bay.
    I wouls assume these were handed out at farm shows,fairs,etc.
  11. philjdbrandi, 1 year ago
    Gargoyle,
    Thanks for the correspondence. I have approx 30-40 different John Deere Fertilizer pieces. Actual bags farmers bougth product in, cig lighters, nick nacks and this is just one thing I do not have. I knew it was out there and am tickled to have been able to see it.

Thanks for Sharing